Monday, November 17, 2014

Round The World Blog Hop!

Today is my turn to post for the Round the World Blog Hop!  The lovely Cath from The Stitchin’ Chicken asked me to join in, you can check out Cath’s blog by clicking here.  

For the blog hop we have to answer some questions then ask three other bloggers to join in….

So here we go, first question -

   What am I working on?

Mmmm, lots of things! And when I start to think about it, I feel a bit guilty as I have quite a few projects being juggled at the moment! I’m going to cheat a bit and instead of writing about them, just post pictures of them all....


...the crochet blanket which is almost finished!


 ... the free kit from this month's World Of Cross Stitching magazine...


...some felt elf slippers to practice some new embroidery stitches...


...some more heart and stars felt ornaments for Christmas (must get more done on this project ...soon!)


...aren't the colours gorgeous on this knitting project? And I'm loving the wooden knitting needles....




...and also Dimensions Twilight Fairy, which is a bit of a killer on the old eye sight! The magnifying glass has to come out for this project…it is lovely but I’ll be soooo glad when it’s finished.  This picture is from the last time I showed her on my blog. I have been working a bit on her and  I’m planning on showing my progress on this project in my next post….

Mmmm... I think I have a bit of a problem...I seem to be a bit of a serial starter!

    How does my work differ from others of its genre?

I don’t think my work differs from others, except maybe that I do quite a few different types of crafts. I’d love to be able to try more but there sadly isn’t enough hours in the day for me…or pennies in the pocket!  :)

    Why do I write/create what I do?

This question is easy…I love creating…I can’t stand do be sitting doing nothing. My hands always have to be busy. The thought of sitting down to watch the TV without doing some cross stitching or crocheting etc just seems like such a waste of time to me! (Except when Outlander was on the TV….I needed my Jamie fix without any distractions!!!)


     How does my writing/creating process work?

See it, like it, do it! Sometimes with a bit of frogging in between!

For the last part of the blog hop I have to ask three people to join in. I didn’t hear back from one of the bloggers I asked, but you won’t be disappointed with the two who have very graciously agreed to join in! So, next week, please head over to Pull The Other Thread  and also Naughts and Cross Stitches ....thanks for joining in, ladies!

Until next time…happy stitching!


Rhona

7 comments:

Preeti said...

Wow ! You knit as well:) it's good to work on different types of craft . A great relaxation for hands and eyes and we never get bored. Thank you for sharing about you, it was nice to know:)

Shami Immanuel said...

Nice projects. Go on. i am also a person who crochet then jump to embroidery, then cross stitch,paper crafts. the uFo's keeps me busy.

Ariadne said...

Interesting to see how many different things you can make!I love the felt ornaments too, but the rainbow scarf is just gorgeous!AriadnefromGreece!

Linda said...

Lovely projects Rhona. Can you tell me the name and brand of the yarn that your using the knitting project.

Linda

Katie said...

Beautiful projects. Fun to read the answers.

Helen Philipps said...

Lots of lovely projects, I especially love the pretty crochet and the cute elf shoes! Loved reading this blog hop,post, so interesting to hear about your crafting and amazing to see all the different kinds you do!
Happy week,Rhona.
Helen xox

Anne said...

Lots of great projects on the go Rhona and with such variety too! Great to read a little bit more about you too!!